Immune lemon

Nutrigenomics is the study of how your food (nutrients) affects your genes (genomics). Your genes then affect the function of your body and the extent to which you are healthy or unhealthy.

We are able to use food molecules to influence the health and function of our cells and as a consequence, the function of our organs and our bodies and our health.

Nutrigenetics is understanding that your genes are influenced by the environment and nutrigenomics is understanding that the environment you are in affects your genes.

As humans, we are 99.9% genetically the same. There are variants in the other 0.1% that make us unique and change the way that we respond to our environment. We cannot change our genes, but by changing our environment, we can change how our genes function.

Genetic testing allows to understand your personal genetic variants. If we understand your genetic variants, we can create a specific gene-based health plan for you.

My father had Alzheimers disease and it was distressing to watch him decline. I am determined to fight any possibility of this happening to me. By understanding my genes, I have made simple changes to my diet and lifestyle that will help me reduce my chances of getting the disease.

Keith, Handyman

Your genes are not your destiny. You can use an understanding of your genes to both lower your disease risk and improve your health.

With genetic testing, we can understand how your unique genetic situation may be affecting your basic cellular function and metabolic pathways and how these may be affecting your health.

We consider the following metabolic pathways:

  • Inflammation
  • Detoxification
  • Methylation
  • Lipid metabolism
  • Oxidative stress
  • Bone health
  • Insulin sensitivity
  • Oestrogen metabolism

By understanding the basics of your metabolic function, we may be able to understand why you have the health issues that you do. Nutrigenetic testing is useful in the understanding of what lies upstream in the development of chronic diseases.

We can them create a specific management plan for you, using specific biologically active food substances and life style techniques, that will address the root causes of your health problems and support your body towards achieving better health.

This type of approach to health is ideal for anyone who wants to maintain excellent health, even as they age or for someone who has a pre-existing chronic health condition and would like to manage it with an upstream approach.