I have always loved oven-roasted vegetables.
There is something delicious about the way that the flavours of the vegetables come alive when they are caramelized by the roasting process.
What is even better is that bigger batches can be prepared and stored in the fridge or freezer for another meal.
This recipe is for capsicums and courgettes, but you can add baby tomatoes, mushrooms, wedges of onion, garlic cloves or brinjals. Whatever you desire. Just remember to keep the vegetables non-starchy and the splashes of olive oil generous to keep this recipe keto.
Adding a sprig of fresh rosemary, oregano or thyme also adds to the flavour.
Oven-Roasted Capsicums and Zucchini
- 2 Red capsicums
- 4 Zucchini Also called courgettes
- 1 splash Olive oil
- 1 sprinkle Salt and pepper
- 1 sprig Fresh herbs Rosemary or origanum or thyme
- Slice the capsicums into strips – roughly 1 cm thick
- Slice the zucchini into sticks – roughly 10cm long and 1 cm thick
- Place the capsicums and zucchini on an oven tray
- Generously splash with olive oil, seasoning and add the herbs
- Place in a preheated oven at 180 (fan-forced) Allow to bake
- Check every 15 minutes to make sure all the vegetables are coated with olive oil and are not burning on the edges
- Bake until the vegetables are soft with a caramelized flavour
- The vegetables can be grilled for a few minutes at the end to enhance the flavour